RRU Internship Photo Contest
Royal Roads University is pleased to host an annual internship photo contest. Two participating students each year will receive a $200 award and be featured on the Career Learning and Development webpage.
The purpose of this contest is to gather material to showcase students applying their education in their internships and highlight the uniqueness and diversity of these educational opportunities.
We are proud of the amazing work our students do all over the world. Photos may be a candid shot or a portrait, in an office or on top of a mountain, beside a mausoleum or in a hotel. We may choose to publicize photo submissions on the University website or in promotional material for specific programs.
Students submitting entries must have:
- been in an internship as part of an academic requirement of their program stream;
- been in their internship sometime within the 12 months leading up to the contest submission deadline;
- successfully completed their internship and course requirements with a passing grade as per the School’s Program Office and Experiential Education requirements;
- been the photographer, or can produce evidence that the photographer has given permission for the student to enter the photo into the contest. How the prize is shared (or not) is an agreement between the photographer and the student; and,
- submitted a complete application by the contest deadline.
How to Apply
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run for 12 months and close on September 30th (11:59pm PST)
- complete applications are submitted by email to Financial Aid & Awards.
- a complete application includes one or two high-quality photos*, a completed application form, and photo release permission
* Digital photos must be high-quality, full-size images, with a minimum of 2 mega pixels, approximate file size 1 MG. JPEG format.
All contestants will be notified of the result of the competition by email within four weeks of the competition closing date. Winning submissions will be posted on select Royal Roads University social media platforms.
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel Management
- Master of Arts in Conflict Analysis and Management
- Master of Arts in Disaster and Emergency Management
- Master of Arts in Human Security and Peacebuilding
- Master of Arts in Intercultural and International Communication
- Master of Arts in Tourism Management
- Master of Global Management