Daniel James Frazer Bursary
RRU faculty member Dr. Ann Dale and her family have established this bursary in the memory of their beloved Daniel James Frazer. This annually renewable bursary will be given to a first-year masters or doctoral student at RRU who demonstrates financial need and is currently working or volunteering with a non-governmental organization (NGO), with a minimum of one year experience, with a social justice, environmental, human rights, or governance mandate. Preference will be given to a single parent.
One bursary will be offered each year in November either as a renewed payment or open for competition. The bursary is intended to provide assistance for each calendar year a student is registered in the normal course of their program to provide consistent support and to encourage timely completion of study. It will be offered for a maximum of two years to a master student, or four years to a doctoral student.
Royal Roads University is grateful to Daniel's continuing legacy.
- demonstrated reasonable financial need
- must not have an annual household income in excess of $60,000
- RRU student in the first year of a Masters or Doctoral program
- currently working or volunteering with an NGO that focuses on issues of social justice, or environment, or human rights, or governance (min. one year experience)
- preference given to a single parent
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin