Chuck Connaghan Memorial Bursary
Charles (Chuck) J. Connaghan was the founding Chair and served on the Peace and Conflict Studies Divisional Advisory Board at Royal Roads University from its inception in 1997. He was the President of C.J. Connaghan & Associates Ltd., an industrial relations and management consulting firm. Chuck held numerous senior management roles throughout his career including Chair, British Columbia Provincial Judges Compensation Committee; Chief Commissioner, British Columbia Treaty Commission; Chair, British Columbia Roundtable on the Environment and Economy; and President, Construction Labour Relations Association of British Columbia. Mr. Connaghan held Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees in psychology from the University of British Columbia. He was the recipient of the Great Trekker Award from the University of British Columbia, the Queen's Jubilee Medal, and the Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice from the Vatican, and was a Member of the Order of Canada.
In honour of Chuck Connaghan's accomplished career, this bursary is made available to a MA in Conflict Analysis and Management student who has demonstrated significant commitment and involvement in his or her community.
- demonstrated financial need
- enrolled in MA in Conflict Analysis and Management
- significant commitment and involvement in community, including managing conflict within the community
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin