Changing Lives Award
Education is an opportunity that should be available to all but for some it’s not financially possible. The Changing Lives Award seeks to help change that. Through competition, this award will make a significant contribution to the tuition of passionate, outstanding Royal Roads students who want to make a difference in the world.
The cost of education and living will exceed the value of this award, so it must not be the only means by which an eligible candidate will fund their education. Eligible candidates will be able to demonstrate a reasonable plan for addressing the balance of funding required and make practical choices for affordability.
- Demonstrate in writing how this award would overcome a financial barrier that is preventing the candidate from attending Royal Roads University
- Describe the choices being made to reduce education and/or living costs (e.g. taking a blended delivery format of the program that might support the ability to work, plans to conduct research on local issues to save travel expenses, opts out of programs with an international component, etc.).
- Describe how attending Royal Roads University would be a life-changing opportunity, and the positive influence their education would have on others.
- Preference may be given to applicants demonstrating leadership or service in their community.
How to Apply
- this award is open to eligible students who will be active in their program after the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run in each season's Entrance Award competition
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in that competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards of interest in one one-page essay with your name in top margin