Canadian Federation of University Women Victoria Award in Honour of Elsie M. Stapleford
Working together for women and girls, CFUW is a voluntary, nonprofit, self-funded bilingual organization of close to 10,000 women, mostly university graduates. Members are active in public affairs, working to raise the social, economic and legal status of women, as well as to improve education, the environment, peace, justice and human rights. CFUW is a member affiliate of the International Federation of University Women and has special consultative status at the United Nations. CFUW sends a representative to the Canadian Commission to UNESCO Education Committee.
- record of academic excellence
- female degree student
- preference given to a BC or Victoria resident
- preference will be given to a women showing leadership capacity, a track record of community involvement, and interest in the social sciences.
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition one one-page essay with your name in top margin