Budh Singh and Kashmir Kaur Dhahan Award
The Budh Singh and Kashmir Kaur Dhahan Award has been established to provide substantial financial support to students who are underrepresented in the university population and have demonstrated their commitment to achieving further education and leadership in their community through their efforts.
The award honours of Budh Singh and Kashmir Kaur Dhahan, their belief that education provides a pathway for equality and justice, and their commitment to educating girls and women in both Canada and India.
- eligible candidate in the final year of study in any degree program
- has achieved academic excellence in their current degree at Royal Roads University (min 3.67/4.33)
- demonstrates reasonable financial need
- demonstrates leadership in the community or efforts to overcome personal challenges
- underrepresented populations, such as: women who are single parents, students who are Indigenous
- preference for residents of Vancouver Island and British Columbia
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from:
- March 1st to May 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- June1st to August 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin