Award for Diversity and Community Building
Recognizing that a more equitable and inclusive society requires efforts to encourage under-represented student groups to pursue life-long education, the Award for Diversity and Community Building has been established to recognize and support Afro-Heritage students who serve their communities through volunteering, applied scholarship, or leadership.
Donneil McNab, an MA in Tourism Management alumna, established the Award for Diversity and Community Building in 2020 as a way of celebrating Black excellence within the Royal Roads community. She is passionate about equity, diversity, cultural awareness and anti-racism, evidenced by volunteerism and involvement in several related initiatives, including the creation of this award.
- Students who are of Afro-Heritage descent
- Enrolled in any degree program and successfully progressing in their program
- Serving their communities through volunteerism
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition aims to run annually from March 1st to May1st (closes 11:59pm)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin