Off Campus Accommodations

Temporary Accommodations

On Campus

Royal Roads University does not offer long-term on-campus accommodations for students. If your program is delivered full-time on campus, you will need to find off campus housing for the duration of your studies. To support your transition to Victoria, you may request Temporary Campus Accommodations for a stay of up to two weeks.

Off Campus

Solo Suites, located 2km from Royal Roads, offers furnished short-term rental suites. Discounts are available exclusively for Royal Roads students, through the links below.

Rental Accommodations

Before you arrive in Victoria, you can begin looking online to become familiar with the type and cost of rental housing in the greater Victoria area. You can reach out to landlords to set up viewing appointments, but you should not transfer money, such as a deposit, for accommodations prior to viewing the space in person.

Below are some websites that you can use to begin your search for housing. Royal Roads University is not responsible for the content of the following sites; they are provided as information only.  

  • Off-Campus Housing 101 (Royal Roads Off-Campus Housing Database)
      • Landlords seeking Royal Roads students as tenants are encouraged to post ads on Off-Campus Housing 101. This website also includes a "Roommate Finder" service.

Colwood and Langford are the closest municipalities to Royal Roads and will be the most convenient areas to live while you study. We recommend that you search for accommodation close to bus routes numbered 39, 50, 51, or 52 which stop on or close to campus. If you prefer to live somewhere livelier, you may choose to live in downtown Victoria; however, the commute can range from 25 to 90 minutes depending on mode of transportation and peak traffic times.

You are responsible for the search, negotiations, furnishings, utilities, house rules, leases and any landlord – tenant disputes. Your rights and responsibilities as a tenant are outlined in the Residential Tenancy Act. It is important to familiarize yourself with your responsibilities prior to renting. The Residential Tenancy Branch website provides comprehensive information about what you need to know about renting accommodations in BC.

International Homestay

Royal Roads has partnered with the Canada Homestay Network (CHN) to provide homestay accommodations. CHN can match you with a welcoming family who will provide accommodation and meal plans depending on your needs.

Need assistance?

If you have questions about looking for off campus accommodations, please contact Student Engagement by email or at 250.391.2600 ext 4580.