Active students (In-course)
This bursary assists one master's student a year who requires further education to develop his or her career and would not be able to complete studies without financial assistance.
Shauna Jones is a Royal Roads University alumna who offers an annual bursary in the name of Beth and Bill Vance – two people who supported her through her two years at RRU. This $3,000 bursary is made available to one individual who requires further education to develop his or her career and would not be able to complete studies without financial assistance.
The concept of this bursary springs from a desire to facilitate the growth of individuals who are fully engaged in and passionate about their life’s work. The donors believe that when people are self-aware and feel responsible for their choices, they are vibrant and powerful contributors in their occupations, within their communities and in the world at large. Shauna Jones wishes to pass on to others the assistance and inspiration that has been given to her.
- demonstrated financial need
- mid-career student with professional work experience enrolled in any graduate (MA) program
- clear vision and supporting evidence of desired educational path (and how this path will move their career forward)
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- strong motivation to operate more fully in their passion and talents
How to apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from March 1st to May 1st (closes 11:59pm RRU time)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all May awards in one one-page essay with your name in top margin