Four-year undergraduate programs with academic & language support

If you don't meet the English language requirements for our undergraduate degree programs, you can apply to a four-year undergraduate program with academic and language support.

Programs with academic and language support

Choose from three programs with academic and language support:

Years one and two

During your first two years these unique Royal Roads University programs include:

  • English language courses
  • foundational courses
  • academic courses

Years three and four

You'll join year three and four of your program with a solid foundation that will help to prepare you for success.

Admission requirements

To apply to these degree programs you need to be a current student or graduate of a recognized secondary school or comparable senior high school with a minimum B (73%) average in four academic grade 12 courses.


  • All programs: English 12 or English First Peoples 12 (Canadian high school curriculum and graduates)
  • Bachelor of Business Administration in Innovation and Sustainability: Mathematics 12
  • Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management or International Hotel Management: Mathematics 12 or Economics 12

Application process

You need to complete the following steps and send in your supporting documents before we can assess your application:

1. Apply online

Begin your application. You will need to do the following:

  • Create an account using your email address.
  • List your high school diploma and any post-secondary courses or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in.
  • Pay an application fee. If your application fee(s) are being paid by a third party, review sponsored student information

If you're an international student applying through a Royal Roads University-approved agent, contact them to help you with your application.

You can check the status of your application at any time.

2. Submit official high school transcripts

We accept electronic transcripts from BC high school and BC post-secondary institutions.

Otherwise, official transcripts need to be sent directly from the issuing institution or examination body in their original, sealed envelope.

Canadian secondary school students:

  • If you're a BC secondary school student you can have your transcripts submitted directly through the BC Ministry of Education Student Transcripts Service.
  • If you're a Canadian secondary school student outside of BC, you need to provide in-progress transcripts showing all of the courses you completed in grade 11 and during the first term of grade 12. If possible, also provide a list of second term courses.

International secondary school students:

  • If you're an international secondary school student, you need to provide in-progress transcripts showing all of the courses you completed in grade 11 and during the first term of grade 12. If possible, also provide a list of second term courses.
  • All international transcripts or credentials are subject to a credential evaluation fee or credential evaluation report.

All other applicants:

  • All other applicants, including secondary school graduates and mature students, need to submit an official transcript showing final grades for all grade 11 and 12 courses.
  • If you have previously enrolled in post-secondary studies, you need to submit official transcripts for all credit courses or programs you have attended. This includes courses you are taking now or have taken in the past.

3. Provide proof of English language proficiency

Submit an English language proficiency score report.

If you don't meet the minimum language requirements, you may still be conditionally admitted to your program. You can take one of the international pathway programs through the Royal Roads University Global Learning and Language Centre.

4. Submit other documents

If you are declaring permanent resident or Convention refugee status in Canada, you must provide a copy of your permanent resident (PR) card with your application. You'll be required to show the original card when you arrive at Royal Roads.

Sending documents

Find out how and where to send supporting documents

Early conditional offers

Royal Roads may extend early conditional offers for students who have completed or are currently enrolled in the required courses for their preferred program and meet the minimum GPA requirement.

We need to receive your final transcript and confirm that you've met the admission requirements by the date identified in your offer letter before you'll be able to begin your program.

Flexible admission

If you don't meet our regular admission requirements, you can ask to have your application reviewed under our flexible admission policy.

We consider your experience and where you are in life — not just your grades. We will notify you if additional supporting documents are required.