Canadore College, BAGTM
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING between Canadore College and Royal Roads University.
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between Royal Roads University (RRU) and Canadore College (Canadore). The participating units at the respective institutions are the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management at RRU and the School of Sport and Recreation at Canadore.
Objective of the Agreement:
RRU agrees to facilitate the block transfer of students from Canadore with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management degree at RRU. By this agreement, applicants from Canadore who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) are met and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management program. Entrance to all programs at RRU is on a competitive basis.
Successful completion, with a minimum “B” (3.0/4.33) GPA, of the two year:
- Recreation and Leisure Services diploma
As a partner to this agreement, Canadore agrees:
- to make information about this agreement and the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management degree options available to students;
- to provide opportunity for representatives of RRU to visit appropriate forums at Canadore to disseminate information about the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management program;
- to notify RRU with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the diploma(s) outlined above.
As a partner to the agreement, RRU agrees:
- to provide students from Canadore holding a diploma as noted above academic acceptance into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management program at RRU, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management program;
- whenever possible, to count any undefined transfer credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management requirements to prevent students having to unnecessarily take additional courses to qualify for graduation;
- to notify Canadore with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management program;
- to notify Canadore with as much lead time as possible about any changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management requirements that are anticipated or approved.
Implementation of this agreement will be through the Registrar’s Office at each institution, in consultation with the appropriate authorities in the respective programs.
Terms of the Agreement
This agreement shall be in place for a period of three years commencing April 1, 2013. At the end of this time, the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by RRU. If there are impediments to renewal, RRU will notify the transfer partner of the impediments, with the goal of negotiating a new agreement. Final approval of the agreement will remain with the President of RRU.
RRU retains the right to limit the number of students admitted under this agreement.
On behalf of Canadore College:
Marguerite Donohue, PhD, Vice President Academic - May 2, 2013
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Allan Cahoon, PhD, President and Vice Chancellor - March 23, 2013