Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING between Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology and Royal Roads University.
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between Royal Roads University (RRU) and Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology (Algonquin). The participating units at the respective institutions are the School of Communication and Culture at Royal Roads University (RRU) and the Faculty of Arts, Media and Design at Algonquin.
Objective of the Agreement:
RRU agrees to facilitate the block transfer of students from Algonquin with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication Degree at RRU. By this agreement, applicants from Algonquin who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) are met and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication Program. Entrance to all programs at RRU is on a competitive basis.
Successful completion of the:
- Advertising and Marketing Communications Management Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- Broadcasting - Radio or Television Ontario College Diploma
- Photography Ontario College Diploma
- Professional Writing Ontario College Diploma
- Public Relations Ontario College Diploma
- Journalism Ontario College Diploma
As a partner to this agreement, Algonquin agrees:
- to make information about this agreement and the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication degree options available to students;
- to provide opportunity for representatives of Royal Roads University to visit appropriate forums at Algonquin to disseminate information about the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication program;
- to notify RRU with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the diploma(s) outlined above.
As a partner to the agreement, Royal Roads University agrees:
- to provide students from Algonquin holding one of the diplomas above academic acceptance into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication program at RRU, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication program;
- whenever possible, to count any undefined transfer credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication requirements to avoid students from having to unnecessarily take additional courses to qualify for graduation;
- to provide Algonquin with updated information about the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication program on an annual basis;
- to notify Algonquin with as much lead time as possible about any anticipated changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication requirements.
Implementation of this agreement will be through the Registrar's Office at each institution, in consultation with the appropriate authorities in the respective programs.
Terms of the Agreement
This agreement shall be in place for a period of three years commencing April 1, 2014. At the end of this time, the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by Royal Roads University. If there are impediments to renewal, Royal Roads University will notify the transfer partner of the impediments, with the goal of negotiating a new agreement. Final approval of the agreement will remain with the President of Royal Roads University.
Royal Roads University retains the right to limit the number of students admitted under this agreement.
On behalf of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology:
Kent MacDonald, EdD, President - June 6, 2014
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Allan R. Cahoon, PhD, President and Vice-Chancellor - April 14, 2014