Welcome back to the Royal Roads Recreation Centre!
We have completed our work on the roof and the floor, and it is time to invite you all back to the Recreation Centre. Starting Monday, Oct. 5, the Recreation Centre will be open Mondays to Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m, and Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To thank you for your patience, we’re offering the month of October for free. Paid memberships will be activated upon your first visit in November. If you had a prepaid membership, the expiry date will be extended to reflect the time lost.
Things will be a little different when you return, as we have put in place COVID-19 precautions. Please plan additional time for your first visit, as you will need to update your membership agreement and learn about the new rules and set-up.
We have a few new policies and procedures in place for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. Here is what you can expect:
- You will enter through the front door of the building but will exit through the door at the other end of the gymnasium. Leave your belongings in your car as we no longer offer lockers; we do have a few cubbies in the front entrance way.
- You will be given a personal spray bottle for cleaning equipment. When you arrive, clean the equipment before and after your use. Leave the bottle at the back door when exiting the building. You will find paper towels throughout the Rec Centre for cleaning.
- You will still be able to fill your personal water bottle but will be unable to drink from the fountain. Please remember to BYOB (bring your own bottle).
- Our equipment has been spaced out and we have used the basketball court area to meet physical distancing requirements. Therefore, we no longer offer any type of court sport.
- We will no longer be offering towel service or showers on site. Please remember to bring your own sweat towel.
- We still have our wonderful studio and weight room operating at limited capacity so you can have a great workout while maintaining physical distance.
- Our prices have not changed but you will be required to have a membership or punch- pass to use the facility. We will no longer offer a one-time drop-in fee.
For more information, please call us at 250-391-2700.
Our classes are online!
Live streamed for FREE through our Youtube channel.
Class Schedules coming soon!
If you've missed a class, don't worry! All our classes will stay on the page for you to follow on your own time.
Visit our Facebook page for information about upcoming classes and healthy tips for you to stay active at home.
How can we help YOU?
Our health experts are answering any questions related to staying healthy at home. Ask a question about your current workouts, diet, hydration, tips to staying focused, or how we can help you stay inspired during this time.
Stay tuned for updates and changes as we provide service online.
Learn more about RRU's response to COVID-19.