The following information is provided to help you prepare for your travel to Canada.
Effective October 1, 2022, the Government of Canada has removed all border testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required to enter Canada.
While COVID-19 border measures have ended, there are still a number of things to consider as you prepare to travel to Canada.
Before you travel
- Purchase your required health insurance to start on the day you arrive in Canada.
- Gather the immigration and travel documents IRCC recommends you have with you for your travels.
- Find a place to stay in Victoria. Review off-campus accommodation information to help you find a place to stay upon arrival in Victoria.
During travel and arrival
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 while travelling, inform a flight attendant or the Canadian Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada. The officer will tell you what to do next.
After you arrive in Canada
- Apply for your BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) coverage.
- Register your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 upon arrival or during your studies, follow all directions for self-isolation and contact the RRU Care Team. If you are required to isolate, stay connected by participating in online events.
- For more information on what to do if you’re sick or test positive for COVID-19, please read prevent the spread.
Have questions about travel or preparing for arrival? Contact Student Engagement.