Can we substitute items in the buffet menu?
- Substitution of menu items is possible. Should the substituted item be more expensive than the original menu item, a surcharge will apply.
Can we order multiple entrées for plated menus?
- Multiple entrée selection is available for a $10 surcharge applicable to all entrées and subject to the following criteria:
- Maximum choice of two entrees, excluding vegetarian and dietary restrictions
- Total numbers, per entrée, to be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to event
- Client to submit a summary 14 days prior detailing by table number the total entrees as per the following example:
- Table #3 – 4 chicken and 4 beef
- Table #4 – 5 beef, 1 vegetarian and 2 salmon
Can you accommodate dietary restrictions?
- Truffles will cater to dietary restrictions within the scope of the facility. Some meal requirements, such as kosher, need to be provided from specialized facilities and are subject to an additional cost.
Do you have children menus?
- When ordering buffet, Children 5-12 years of age are charged at 50% of the menu price. Children under 5 years of age are free. Child policy will come into effect once guest numbers reach a minimum of 50 paid adults. Children’s plated options are also available.
Is there a minimum number of guests required?
- Yes, menus have a 50 guest minimum. Truffles Catering will charge a $12 per person for the difference in the minimum and your confirmed guest number. Groups below 30 guests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Are there menu cards on the tables and buffets?
- Truffles Catering will provide a printed menu on the buffet, individual printed menus for plated meals can be ordered at an additional cost.
Can you provide highchairs?
- Yes, we have a limited number of high chairs available.
Can you create a custom menu?
- Yes, we would be happy to create a menu to suit your needs.
Can we supply our own alcohol?
- No, this is a breach of our liquor licencing regulations.
Can we order wine that is not on the wine list?
- Special order wine must be pre-ordered through Truffles Catering a minimum of 30 days prior to the event and will be subject to their retail price structure for all bottles ordered. Any special order wine not consumed during the event, will be returned to the client following the event. Wine is not able to be returned to the Liquor Distribution Branch.
Does Truffles place the wine bottles on the table or will they provide table service?
- Traditionally, table service is provided until dinner is complete. Should a client request to have wine bottles placed on guest tables this can be accommodated.
Do you have alternate linen colours?
You may request ivory or black as alternates to white linen for no additional charge. Truffles Catering can arrange specialty colour linen and chair covers at an additional cost.