Master of Business Administration in Executive Management
GMAT/GRE is not required.
- Completion of a four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution, normally with a minimum GPA of B (3.00/4.33).
- Applicants who meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA, may be required to take the Academic Writing and Critical Thinking course and obtain a minimum B (73%) in the writing course prior to commencing the program.
- Normally, at least seven years of full-time relevant work experience, with three years at a management* level and increasing levels of responsibility.
- To be considered for Flexible Admission, applicants would normally require at least 10 years of full-time relevant work experience, with five years at a management* level and increasing levels of responsibility.
- Flexible admission applicants will normally be required to take Academic Writing and Critical Thinking and obtain a minimum B (73%) in the writing course prior to commencing the program.
* Management experience could include one or more of the following:
- Formal organizational management or leadership roles in which you directly supervise staff, budgets, or complete performance-oriented work with individuals, groups, or teams.
- Roles involving consultation, negotiation with, or management of diverse interest groups, in a complex environment.
- Roles in which you lead others toward shared goals and outcomes.
- Roles in which you influence, organize, and coordinate groups of people.
- Please ensure that you demonstrate your management experience in your detailed resume, and clearly indicate how your years of experience meet the requirements
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- For all applicants, any acquisition of a professional designation, such as a CA, PMP, or other nationally recognized distinctions, should be noted on your resume in your application package.
- Applicants must have intermediate computer skills and be very comfortable with the Windows operating system, MS Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), the use of e-mail (MS Outlook or others), and the use of the Internet for searches. Please note that all course delivery is designed for a PC environment. Mac systems may be used, but support and design is not intended for this technical platform.
- Though recommended for all applicants, a knowledge of accounting fundamentals is sometimes required as a condition of admission. There are two courses available from Continuing Studies at Royal Roads University that would be required in order to meet such a condition: Financial Accounting Fundamentals and Managerial Accounting Fundamentals.