Across the globe environmental professions continue to undergo significant growth and increase in relevance. Our 30 credit totally online Master of Arts in Environmental Practice degree prepares students to advance their career and to contribute positively to finding solutions for environmental problems. The master’s degree in Environmental Practice is available as a Master of Arts (MA) in Environmental Practice and as a Master of Science (MSc) in Environmental Practice.
This program is one of a suite of programs offered through the Canadian Centre for Environmental Education (CCEE) which is a result of a partnership between Royal Roads University and the Environmental Careers Organization of Canada (ECO Canada).
A unique opportunity for cross-border awareness and for a broader perspective is provided by access to courses offered by the University College, University of Denver, in their Master's degree program in Environmental Policy and Management.
Who It’s For
The Master’s Degree in Environmental Practice is designed for those seeking a program that is professionally-focused and which has a content related to professional certification. The program is primarily designed for:
- environmental practitioners heading towards professional certification or who are already professional certified as EP’s, but who may require updating to retain their active certification and/or career development
- professionals aiming at a managerial level position and seeking advanced degrees
- international university graduates from environmental programs with relevant work experience
- graduates from other CCEE programs
- college graduates who complete the degree completion option through CCEE
- university graduates who graduate from the CCEE Certificate program
Applicants who do not have the formal academic education to qualify for admission may be assessed on the basis of both their formal education and their informal learning, in accordance with the Flexible Admission Policy.