Master of Arts in Learning and Technology
- Four-year (or comparable) Education, Arts, Science, or other undergraduate degree in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least three years of professional experience in a leadership or management position that is directly related to the MALAT program learning outcomes.
To be considered for Flexible Admission, applicants would normally require:
- At least seven years of work experience, with a minimum of two years of professional experience in a leadership or management position, that is directly related to the learning outcomes of the MALAT program.
- Some undergraduate education or equivalent.
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- Applications are assessed based on an integrated and consolidated examination of academic credentials, work experience, and personal experience. Applicants should be educational professionals. Experience in a technology-mediated learning environment is an asset.
All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
In order to apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the status of your application at any time.
Applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, for all credit courses and/or programs. Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
All international transcripts or credentials are subject to an international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
A personal statement should consist of, but is not limited to, a two-three page letter of intent that outlines educational experience, technology experience, personal and career goals and discusses alignment between those and the goal of the MALAT program.
Your application requires two letters of reference that speak to your ability to research, critically analyze, synthsize and problem solve in ill-structured domains. One reference letter should be based on work experience and the other based on academic performance. Reference letters must be completed by individuals that have worked closely with the applicant such as a supervisor or manager. Knowledge of the applicant's ability must be within the last two years.
Your detailed resume should include the following:
- Education: List all post secondary education, degrees, diplomas, and certificates you have achieved.
- Work Experience: Please include name of organization, length of service (month & year), and a brief description of duties.
- Training and Professional Development: List career related training and professional development programs completed within the past five years. Include the source of training, and the duration and year completed. List other training and personal development programs not already identified.
- Voluntary/Unpaid Work Experience: List and describe any voluntary/unpaid post-secondary employment and/or community service experience. Please include name of the organization, length of service and a brief description of your duties.
- Leadership/Change Agent/Trainer Experience: Briefly describe any specific training and/or experience you have had as a group/project leader, coordinator of change initiatives, or trainer.
- Information Technology Training and Experience: Briefly describe your level of training and experience in the use of information technology including computers, software and telecommunications networks as tools for business, education, teaching and personal use.
- Innovative Learning Methods: Briefly describe any training and/or experience you have had in the use of innovative learning methods including distance learning, community and team-based learning, mentoring, etc. Include both your experience as a 'learner' and as an 'educator/trainer'.
- Professional Memberships/Affiliations: List memberships and positions you hold/have held in professional associations, service clubs, the community/volunteer sector.
- Other Relevant Information: Provide any other information which you believe is relevant to your application and will be of assistance to the review committee. For example, electronic or digital copies (disk or flash drive) of business papers/documents/business plans, etc., might be useful. In certain cases we may require such documentation for individual candidates.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
- Other information or documents as may be requested to determine your eligibility.
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the document submission guidelines.