The 18-credit Graduate Diploma in Technology-enhanced Learning and Design combines the learnings from the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design with three essential components of the Master of Arts in Learning and Technology program at Royal Roads University. By combining the two programs you will have access to, and a better understanding of, the pedagogical foundation required to effectively design in a technology-enhanced learning environment.
Who Is it For?
This diploma program is ideal for educators, trainers, and developers from within the private and public sectors seeking new skills to advance their career. The current marketplace is seeking applicants with a formal background in instructional design as well as the ability to work within technology-enhanced learning environments.
You will have the opportunity to use your real-world experience and apply what you are learning through the use of a variety of proven-effective online methodologies and approaches, strategically paired with today’s best practices in the field of learning. You will practice the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom on a variety of situations, ensuring you develop practical experience with tools you can use within your organization.
Developing an effective learning environment that uses technology-enabled learning tools requires hard work, great leadership, and a thorough understanding of the current and future needs of your organization.
Through completion of this program, you will have demonstrated your ability to:
- Communicate effectively
- Research and recommend appropriate learning strategies
- Employ instructional technologies to support learning
- Apply knowledge of relevant learning theory to thoroughly critique online or blending learning materials
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of graphic design and project management
This 12-month, 18-credit program was developed to provide instructional designers in traditional education or corporate environments with the skills required for success in the current job market.
Graduates of this diploma program will have displayed their proficiency within the following areas:
- Creating effective presentations using appropriate media and techniques
- Applying critical thinking to the integration of knowledge and practice
- Collecting information and data from a variety of sources
- Employing a critical analysis approach to make appropriate recommendations
- Facilitating effective teamwork
- Effectively producing written material
- Identifying appropriate research methodologies to investigate issues or problems
The Graduate Diploma in Technology-enhanced Learning and Design is an applied program, meaning you will have multiple opportunities to test your new skills within a safe and supportive environment.