The Graduate Certificate in Tourism Leadership provides a dynamic opportunity for those with leadership responsibilities and aspirations in the tourism industry.
This leading-edge graduate program strengthens professional credentials and reputation. It was designed with input from tourism leaders to strengthen and expand students’ personal leadership skills, knowledge and abilities. The comprehensive curriculum and excellent instructors ensure that students gain applied knowledge in tourism leadership, global tourism and tourism delivery systems. Students also emerge with a greater understanding of the industry, the contributions of industry leaders, and how they may excel within their career and their sector of the tourism industry.
Graduates of this program have a broad range of technical, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills in tourism leadership. By the end of the program, students have competencies in five core areas: communications, knowledge, leadership and teamwork, critical thinking and global awareness.
Specific outcomes for the program are:
Knowledge and Critical Thinking
- Applies interdisciplinary information and research to the study of tourism and hospitality by acquiring and critically evaluating their contribution to issues, opportunities, and challenges.
- Effectively uses research methodologies, data sources, and tools to investigate, evaluate, and analyze findings that inform decision-making, written products.
- Examines the role of innovation, entrepreneurship, and stakeholder relations in building a successful business.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour when collaborating, synthesizing findings, problem solving, conducting research and reporting findings or recommendations.
- Evaluates the impact of global issues on tourism and hospitality operators, organizations, and destinations.
- Differentiates how local, regional, national and international events influence competitive change in evolving markets.
- Investigates and analyzes how the tourism industry is influenced by governments and world affairs, and understands the role of tourism and hospitality professionals as global citizens in communities.
- Effectively gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, prepares and presents written materials, accurately utilizing the APA reference method.
- Incorporates conflict resolution, negotiation, change management, and networking skills in contributing to achieving team and individual outcomes.
- Applies effective speaking, writing, listening and feedback skills in online and face-to-face activities.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, and mutual support in decision-making processes to achieve individual and team results.
- Networks effectively and respectfully with an array of individuals from diverse professional and personal backgrounds to facilitate and support effective decision making.