Graduate Certificate in Business Development in International Education
- Four year (or comparable) Education, Arts, Science, or other undergraduate degree in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 5 years paid work experience within the higher education sector, including some leadership experience
- To be considered for Flexible Admission, applicants would normally require a minimum of 7 years work experience in the higher education sector
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- Applications are assessed through an integrated and consolidated review of academic credentials, work experience, and personal experience; because of the holistic nature of this review, all applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
In order to apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the status of your application at any time.
Applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, for all credit courses and/or programs. Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
All international transcripts or credentials are subject to an international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
Your personal statement is your opportunity to tell us why you are interested in the GC in Business Development in International Education program and how the program will help you meet your professional goals. Your personal statment should address each of the following questions:
- What can you contribute to the class' learning?
- What do you anticipate will be your challenges as a graduate student in the GC in Business Development in International Education program?
- What do you expect from the GC in Business Development in International Education program in terms of the learning process?
- What do you envision for your professional goals once you have completed the program?
Your 750-850 word statement should be presented in a well written and concise manner using proper grammar and punctuation.
Your application requires two letters of reference. Ideally, these letters speak to your academic potential, your professional expertise and your personal attributes. Applicants should provide one professional reference letter adn one academic reference letter. Applicants who may have difficulty securing an academic reference may instead submit a personal character reference.
- Professional Reference: This letter should attest to your performance in the context of your current or previous work. The letter can address such areas as leadership potential, career commitment, human relations and supervisory skills, flexibility, communication, and technical skills.
- Academic Reference: Academic letters of reference should attest to your academic achievement, study skills, teamwork, leadership potential, human relations, flexibility, communication and technical skills.
- Personal Character Reference: Your personal character reference should consist of a letter from someone who has known you for several years outside of the context of your work. Please ask the writer to indicate the length of time and context in which they have known you, and to consider the following attributes in their letter about you: honesty, integrity, responsibility, adaptability, concern and respect for others, sense of self-esteem and confidence.
Your structured resume should include the following:
- Education: List all post secondary education, degrees, diplomas, and certificates you have achieved.
- Work Experience: Please include name of organization, length of service (month & year), and a brief description of duties.
- Training and Professional Development: List career related training and professional development programs completed within the past five years. Include the source of training, and the duration and year completed. List other training and personal development programs not already identified.
- Voluntary/Unpaid Work Experience: List and describe any voluntary/unpaid post-secondary employment and/or community service experience. Please include name of the organization, length of service and a brief description of your duties.
- Leadership/Change Agent/Trainer Experience: Briefly describe any specific training and/or experience you have had as a group/project leader, coordinator of change initiatives, or trainer.
- Professional Memberships/Affiliations: List memberships and positions you hold/have held in professional associations, service clubs, the community/volunteer sector.
- International Experience: Indicate any work and/or volunteer experience you have had that you feel is relevant to the GC in Business Development in International Education program.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
- Other information or documents as may be requested to determine your eligibility.
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the document submission guidelines.