Doctor of Social Sciences
Students must have the following:
- Master’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or related field, normally required;
- Evidence of experience related to the degree program. Normally a minimum of 10 years with senior level decision-making authority.
- A competitive, interdisciplinary, applied research proposal that reflects current research foci in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Royal Roads University;
- English language skills and competency:
For applicants whose primary language is not English, competency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (paper-based) 600; TOEFL IBT (Internet-based) minimum score of 20 in each section for an overall minimum score of 100 or better. (Institution Code: 9054)
- International English Language Testing Services: 7.0 overall with no individual item score less than 6.5.
- Pearson Test of English: Minimum score of 68.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): International English Language requirement with Verbal 560, Quantitative 740, and Analytical 4.0.
- Evidence of competence in English through other standardized tests or education experience will be considered on an individual basis.
No Flexible Admission process for this program. All applicants must have a recognized master's degree.
Application documents to the DSocSci program are to be submitted to the RRU Admissions Office where files will be prepared for review by the DSocSci Adjudication Committee. Admission selection will reflect a number of factors, including the applicant's academic skills and ability, the alignment of the proposed dissertation topic with the applied and academic goals of the degree, available faculty expertise to supervise the proposed dissertation, and the desire to balance topic areas within the cohort across areas of research expertise within the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences. A telephone interview may be required.