For media inquiries, please contact, Doug Ozeroff.
- Phone: 250.391.2526
- Mobile: 250.812.5065
RRU in the Media
Royal Roads University places in International Case Competition top three
Victoria - After three intense days of competition, 19 teams left Royal Roads University with valuable business experience. The students, from schools throughout North America, were competitors in the International Case Competition, hosted March 29-31.
The University of South Carolina took the top prize at the 10th annual event. University of Prince Edward Island and Royal Roads University placed second and third, respectively.
"It was the best competition we have ever had," said Pedro Márquez, dean of the Faculty of Management. "I saw students who were comfortable arguing for business solutions and comfortable with the use of technology. They had the same three hours as previous competitions and they accomplished more."
Royal Roads was able to host more teams than previous competitions because of its award-winning Learning and Innovation Centre. The new building has 33 break-out rooms, which is perfectly set up for a case competition, Márquez said. Feedback from participants, judges and sponsors was that the facility and level of competition contributed to a very successful event.
During the three days, the teams were presented with three different cases and given three hours to review each case and prepare their recommendations. The cases were presented to panels of judges comprised of successful executives, business owners and managers.
The competition culminated on Saturday, when three finalists presented their last cases of the competition at the Centre for Dialogue in the Learning and Innovation Centre.
Royal Roads University was established by the Province of British Columbia in 1995 specifically to deliver quality applied and professional programs to advance professionals in the workplace. The university blends online and on-campus learning with current, real-world relevance for doctorate, graduate and undergraduate degrees, certificates, diplomas, executive, custom and continuing education.
For media queries, contact:
Communications officer Doug Ozeroff
email@example.com, 250.391.2526, cell 250.812.5065
Complete List of participating teams:
- Concordia University - Montreal, Que.
- Dalhousie University - Halifax, N.S.
- HEC Montreal - Montreal, Que.
- Langara College - Vancouver, B.C.
- La Salle University - Philadelphia, Pa.
- McMaster University - Hamilton, Ont.
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) - Edmonton, Alta.
- Okanagan College - Kelowna, B.C.
- Queen's University - Kingston, Ont.
- Royal Roads University - Victoria, B.C. (2012 Third Place)
- Simon Fraser University - Vancouver, B.C.
- University of Alberta - Edmonton, Alta.
- University of Guelph-Humber - Guelph, Ont.
- University of Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown, P.E.I. (2012 Second Place)
- University of South Carolina - Columbia, S.C. (2012 Champions)
- University of Southern Indiana - Evansville, Ind.
- Western University - London, Ont.
- University of Winnipeg - Winnipeg, Man.
- Wilfrid Laurier University - Waterloo, Ont.