For media inquiries, please contact, Doug Ozeroff.
- Phone: 250.391.2526
- Mobile: 250.812.5065
RRU in the Media
Royal Roads University hosts its largest international case competition
Victoria – Nineteen teams from Canada and the United States are taking over Royal Roads University’s Learning and Innovation Centre to test their business skills in the Royal Roads University International Undergraduate Case Competition March 29-30. The teams will go head-to-head on three different cases in front of leading members of the business community in the biggest competition the university has hosted.
“Commerce students will not only advance their business administration skills but will also improve critical professional skills such as learning how to collaborate in teams, communicate effectively, apply their creativity and think critically,” said Faculty of Management Dean Pedro Márquez about the benefits of the competition. “Even better, they’ll have fun through this learning experience.”
The 10th annual event will see participants test their skills by providing advice on business cases under the pressure of deadlines and with limited access to research materials.
Starting the morning of March 29, teams will be presented with business cases and have three hours to review them. Following this intensive preparation, teams will present their recommendations to a panel of judges who will assess their ideas and ask them questions on the strategies they propose. Each panel of judges is comprised of successful executives, business owners and managers.
The competition culminates on Saturday, when three finalists will present their last cases of the competition from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. in the Centre for Dialogue in the Learning and Innovation Centre. These presentations are open to the public.
Follow the event on Twitter and watch the final presentations at www.livestream.com/royalroads from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 31.
Royal Roads University was established by the Province of British Columbia in 1995 specifically to deliver quality applied and professional programs to advance professionals in the workplace. The university blends online and on-campus learning with current, real-world relevance for doctorate, graduate and undergraduate degrees, certificates, diplomas, executive and custom education.
For media queries, contact:
Communications officer Doug Ozeroff
email@example.com, 250.391.2526, cell 250.812.5065
Complete List of participating teams
• Concordia University – Montreal, Que.
• Dalhousie University – Halifax, N.S.
• HEC Montreal – Montreal, Que.
• Langara College – Vancouver, B.C.
• La Salle University – Philadelphia, Pa.
• McMaster University – Hamilton, Ont.
• Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) – Edmonton, Alta.
• Okanagan College – Kelowna, B.C.
• Queen's University – Kingston, Ont.
• Royal Roads University – Victoria, B.C.
• Simon Fraser University – Vancouver, B.C. (2011 Finalists)
• University of Alberta – Edmonton, Alta.
• University of Guelph-Humber – Guelph, Ont. (2011 Champions)
• University of Prince Edward Island – Charlottetown, P.E.I. (2011 Finalists)
• University of South Carolina – Columbia, S.C.
• University of Southern Indiana – Evansville, Ind.
• Western University – London, Ont.
• University of Winnipeg – Winnipeg, Man.
• Wilfrid Laurier University – Waterloo, Ont.