For media inquiries, please contact, Doug Ozeroff.
- Phone: 250.391.2526
- Mobile: 250.812.5065
Alumni news roundup – Sept. 2018
September 28, 2018
Tags: alumni news
In September, Royal Roads grads pitched peanut butter and billion dollar Olympic plans, launched books and investment clubs, and advanced their careers and humanitarian efforts:
- Master of Arts in Human Security and Peacebuilding grad Jill Van Gyn (2015) pitched her Fatso High Performance Peanut Butter on Dragons’ Den, accepting one of four offers from the Dragons.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Executive Management grad Courtland Sandover-Sly (2014) launched Groundwork Consulting to help colleagues transition into the newly regulated cannabis market and navigate legalization.
- On the humanitarian front, Master of Arts in Human Security and Peacebuilding grad Jean-Guy Lavoie (2012) continued his work helping people in Mali remove dangerous land mines with the United Nations Mine Action Service.
- Master of Business Administration in Executive Management grad Dan Pontefract (2012) launched his third book, Open To Think: Slow Down, Think Creatively, and Make Better Decisions, in which he proposes return to balance between the three components of productive thought: dreaming, deciding and doing.
- The national hub for apprenticeship—the Canadian Apprenticeship Forum—has named Master of Arts in Professional Communications grad France Daviault (2011) executive director.
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching grad Dave Veale (2011) has put his coaching and entrepreneurship skills to charitable ends, launching the Million Dollar Pledge initiative: he's seeking nine businesses willing to join him in committing $10,000 a year for 10 years to the cause of their choosing.
- Councillor with the City of Kamloops and Master of Arts in Professional Communication grad Arjun Singh (2011) was appointed new president of Union of BC Municipalities.
- Long-time officer in the Canadian Armed Forces and Army Reserves, and Master of Arts in Human Security and Peacebuilding grad Daniel Doran (2008) was appointed associate director for the Administrative Excellence Centre in the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University.
- Master of Business Administration in Executive Management grad Scott Goodman (2006) is now chief people and legal affairs officer at security solutions company Avante Logixx.
- Master of Business Administration grad Mary Moran (2003) presented a $5.23-billion Winter Olympics plan to Calgary city council.