Webinar - Research in the School of Environment & Sustainability
At Royal Roads University, we know that everyone has something to share and there's huge value in open discussions. On August 31st, we’d like to give you the opportunity to see our difference - and research in action.
Join the conversation with Drs. Matt Dodd and Leslie King from the School of Environment & Sustainability as they explore a range of environmental issues impacting the diverse yet similar ecosystems of Africa and the Arctic.
In this webinar, learn how current faculty research addresses these complex sustainability concerns, including:
- What environmental concerns do Africa and the Arctic have in common?
- Which of these concerns are posing the greatest threat to local ecosystems and communities?
- How as researchers are we working to address these concerns?
- How do we make decisions on development projects when the needs of a fragile economy conflict with vulnerable ecosystems?
- What changes can we make to our daily lives to become environmental stewards and help mitigate these threats on local and global scale?
Drs. Dodd and King have supervised many theses that explore aspects of these topics, with Dr. Dodd instructing in the BSc in Environmental Science, MA/MSc in Environmental Practice and the MA/MSc in Environment & Management programs, and Dr. King in the BA/BSc in Environmental Practice and MA/MSc in Environmental Practice programs.
Register now to ensure your place at this engaging online discussion, and get a glimpse of what makes RRU and our research interests unique.
We encourage you to register even if you are unable to attend. The session is being recorded and a link to the recording will be sent to everyone who registers.