SSHRC Doctoral Awards
Royal Roads University is able to nominate three applications for the national competition for renewable awards valued up to $35,000/year. SSHRC determines the value and duration of an award based on the number of months of full-time study (or equivalent) the applicant will have completed at the proposed start date of the award.
The following student groups who meet the basic eligibility requirements listed on the SSHRC website are encouraged to pursue a nomination through RRU:
1. Active RRU doctoral students, or
2. Masters students who are in their final year of study, actively enrolled at RRU at the application deadline date, and intend on enrolling in a doctoral program at an eligible Canadian university the following calendar year.
Students who have not yet begun their doctoral study must apply directly to SSHRC by their Direct Applicant deadline.
A complete application comprises
- Application form
- Program of Study (2 pages, numbered 10 and 11)
- Bibliography and Citations (max 5 pages, starting at page 12)
- Research Contributions page (if applicable, 1 page)
- An explanation of interruptions or delays (if applicable, 1/2 page)
- Official academic transcripts from all previous post-secondary (We will provide your RRU transcript)
- Two Letters of Appraisal in sealed envelopes
- Departmental Appraisal (We will provide this)
- Consent to Disclosure form
Your application and supporting documents must arrive at the RRU Financial Aid & Awards office by December 1st. (It's ok if documents arrive seperately)
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Attention: Financial Aid & Awards
Use the SSHRC Resource Center as your first stop to answer questions about the application process and requirements. Financial Aid & Awards staff are also available to answer questions during regular working hours.
|early November||competition closes for Direct Applicants (those applying to SSHRC)|
|December 1st||competition closes for students participating in RRU's competition|
|mid-April||results announced by email|
|within six months of the end of the scholarship/fellowship period||Talent Achievement Report due|