Royal Colwood Golf Club Vic Painter Memorial Bursary
The Royal Colwood Vic Painter Memorial Bursary was created in December 2001, in memory of Vic Painter, a longtime member of the Royal Colwood Golf Club and an accomplished golfer of the Club. Many knew Vic as a dedicated, warm individual who held many records in golf, including being Club Champion four times. Vic celebrated each year with his ability to “shoot his age” and it was reported he had even lost track but it was understood he had accomplished this over 150 times. Vic passed away in August 2001 and the Royal Colwood Golf Club, its members and many of his friends dedicate this award to him because of his love for the game of golf. Vic’s commitment to the Royal Colwood Golf Club and the community will be fondly remembered.
One or more awards will be made available to students at RRU. Preference will be given to RCGC members, family members, or employee students seeking to advance their education at Royal Roads University. Being a golfer at a RCGC reciprocal club and demonstrating financial support will also be considered. This award is also a result of the Royal Colwood Golf Club's generosity and partnership with Royal Roads University.
- demonstrated financial need
- RCGC member, family member, employee, or member of a reciprocal club (Royal Club)
- interest in the sport of golf
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from March 1st to May 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin