Rotary Club of Westshore Bursary
The Rotary Club of Westshore Bursary has been established to assist Royal Roads students enrolled in a leadership program experiencing reasonable financial need. Preference will be given to students who live locally in the Westshore area. The Westshore includes Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Highlands, and View Royal.
In 2002, the Rotary Club of Westshore (formerly the Colwood Rotary Club then the Westshore Sunrise Rotary Club) made a contribution of $3,000 towards establishing the Rotary Club of Westshore Bursary (formerly the Colwood Rotary Club Bursary then the Westshore Sunrise Rotary Club Bursary). These funds were raised at a “Party Hotter” night hosted by the club. Held March 9, 2002 at the university’s Hatley Castle.
Bob Beckett, President of the Executive Committee for the formerly Colwood Rotary Club is a graduate of the Master of Arts in Leadership and Training program (MALT) at Royal Roads University.
- demonstrated reasonable financial need
- registered in a Leadership program at Royal Roads
- preference given to residents of the Westshore
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from June 1st to August 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin