Rachel and Ernest Fox Loan
Royal Roads University's Rachel and Ernest Fox Loan Program is funded through a generous bequest from Rachel and Ernest Fox held in trust by the Victoria Foundation. This loan program provides interest-free loan opportunities (up to a maximum of $5,000) to students enrolled in the final half of an undergraduate or graduate degree program at Royal Roads University.
The two-year monthly repayment period begins on the first day of the fourth month following the scheduled completion of the academic program, or the fourth month following interruption or termination of study. Program extensions do not quailfy for extensions on the payment-free period.
Pending the availability of funding, students may receive a loan if all of the following requirements apply:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident at the time of submitting an application
- Currently enrolled in the final half of an RRU undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Earned a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50/4.33 in their current program
- Have a positive history of tuition payment at RRU
- Able to demonstrate reasonable financial need that does not exceed $5,000
- May have to suspend study due to financial need
How to Apply
To apply for this funding complete the Rachel and Ernest Fox Loan Application Form and submit to RRU's Financial Aid & Awards office. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and the selection committee will determine the appropriate amount of loan to offer depending on individual circumstances and how much funding is available.