NSERC Doctoral Awards
Royal Roads University is able to nominate two applications for the national competition for renewable awards valued up to $35,000/year. NSERC determines the value and duration of an award based on the number of months of full-time study (or equivalent) the applicant will have completed at the proposed start date of the award.
The following student groups who meet the basic eligibility requirements listed on the NSERC website are encouraged to pursue a nomination through RRU:
1. Active RRU doctoral students, or
2. Masters students who are in their final year of study, actively enrolled at RRU at the application deadline date, and intend on enrolling in a doctoral program at a Canadian university the following calendar year.
Students who have not yet to begin their doctoral study must apply directly to NSERC by their Direct Applicant deadline.
A complete application comprises:
- Form 201 completed electronically
- Outline of Proposed Research (1 page)
- Contributions and Statement (for PGSD max 2 pages, for PDF max four pages)
- Official academic transcripts
- Two Reports on the Applicant
|early August||competition launch|
|early October||competition closes for Direct Applicants (those applying directly to NSERC)|
|November 1||competition closes for students participating in RRU's competition|
|March 31||results announced by letter|
If you have any questions, please contact Financial Aid & Awards