Mitacs Globalink Research Awards
Globalink Research Awards provides research grant to support travel costs for Canadian senior undergraduate and graduate students to conduct a 12- to 24-week research project at a university in a Mitacs partner country.
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international student
- be registered for full-time studies in undergrad year 3 or 4, or a graduate student
- demonstrate skills and interest suitable to the project
- have identified a faculty member at the home university (RRU in this case) to supervise the project and administer funds
- have identified a host academic supervisor with a faculty appointment at an accredited university in a Mitacs partner country (listed on this page)
- meets all necessary travel requirements for the intended destination as well as the home institution's policies with regards to research abroad.
- Students are primarily responsible for setting up the opportunity. Mitacs' GRA website provides instructions and helpful tips on getting started, as well as funding, eligibility, and program guidelines. A Mitacs blog post outlines three ways to find an international professor.
- Students cannot undertake a project at an institution where they have previous completed a degree.
- RRU's faculty supervisor must be eligible to supervise graduate students and can hold Tri-Council funding.
Applications are accepted anytime; however, Mitacs suggests applicants apply approximately 10-12 weeks prior to the start of hte project to allow for:
- Adjudication of applications
- Filing of appropriate documentation
- Completion of univeristy travel abroad protocols
- Travel and accommodation arrangements