Laura Vidalis Memorial Scholarship
The Laura Vidalis Memorial Scholarship was established by Serge Vidalis in memory of his sister who was completing her MBA in Digital Technologies when she passed away. Serge is a Royal Roads University alumni (MA in Conflict Analysis and Management). Initial contributions and support came from Laura's family, cohort and former colleagues.
According to a letter from a colleague, Laura's most valuable and hardest lessons stemmed from the challenges of doing such a program long distance, what it demands from you as an individual and as a team member - working with a group that, although geographically scattered, is bound together in its commitment to support one another to achieve a single goal. This was the learning that she loved the most about the program, "the stuff they never really teach you in books." This is what made her time in the MBA program so special to Laura. In a letter from a former colleague came these insights, "That was Laura, unrelenting in her desire to stretch herself and passionate in her desire to learn, both on a personal and professional level" and, "whatever her goals, whatever demands already placed on her, Laura gave nothing less than 150%."
This scholarship will assist students that Laura would have identified with, mid-career students who are enhancing or changing careers while staying committed to their family and communities.
- mid-career student enhancing or changing careers while staying committed to family and communities
- demonstrated positive and giving spirit
- Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant
- preference will be given to MBA students
- preference given to single parents
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin