Dr. Milton McClaren Student Travel Award
The Dr. Milton McClaren Student Travel Award was established to provide financial support to Masters of Arts in Environmental Education and Communication (MAEEC) students attending or presenting at conferences or extracurricular events related to their learning at RRU. Award recipients will be required to submit a brief report on the impact of the award and their experience, which may be used in Crossroads or other RRU-related publications.
Dr. Richard Kool established the award in honour of Dr. Milton McClaren, co-founder of the MAEEC program and someone who taught every MAEEC student from 2007 to 2015.
- enrolled in the MA in Environmental Education and Communication program
- currently in good financial standing with the university
- seeking to attend a conference or extracurricular event applicable to your studies at RRU
- describe how attending this conference or extracurricular event will contribute to your studies and advance your career
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run twice a year, from:
- December 1st to February 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- June 1st to August 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin