Dr. Martha Farrell International Scholarship for Global Leaders
Dr. Farrell was Director of the Society for Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA), an international centre for learning and promotion of citizen participation and democratic governance, which focuses on empowering the poor and excluded. Dr. Farrell was a committed global leader, recognized for her courage and determination in making a difference in the lives of women. She gave freely of her time to work with a committed group at Royal Roads University to help create a course in the Masters in Global Leadership program
On May 13, 2015 Dr. Martha Farrell was killed by gunfire in a terrorist attack in Kabul Afghanistan while conducting a workshop on gender issues.
This scholarship will be awarded to international students or refugee students living in Canada who embody Martha’s ideas, and who are determined to make their marks as global leaders.
- MA in Global Leadership student
- demonstrated financial need
- has other means of paying for their expenses above the value of the award
- demonstrated global citizenship through outstanding contributions to their communits
- demonstrates a resolve to work on gender issues in global leadership
- international student or refugee living in Canada as of the application deadline
How to Apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin