British Columbia Graduate Scholarship
RRU is offering twelve $15,000 merit-based graduate student scholarships, funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, to attract the best and brightest leaders in their field of study. Distributed through four competitions, these awards are intended to support twelve months of study in a research intensive or professional graduate-degree program. The scholarships provide an emphasis on addressing provincial priorities, including Indigenous students and the disciplines of science and technology. Preference will be given to first-time RRU students.
A complete application will comprise:
- a fully completed application form.
- a 500 word essay describing your preparation as a leader in the science or technology field of study, including current and future research and learning activities and future plans to contribute to that field after graduation.
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts.
- an academic or professional reference attesting to current leadership or leadership potential in your chosen field of study.
The competition will be adjudicated within 30 days of the competition deadline by RRU’s Research Award Nomination Committee, evaluating candidates against each other based on this award description and basic eligibility requirements listed below.
The award will first be credited to tuition for the twelve-month funded study period starting either the month the award is awarded or the start of the program. Any funding left over will be disbursed to the recipient by cheque.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Current research or area of study focused in the disciplines of science or technology.
- Minimum GPA of 3.67/4.33, or the equivalent of a minimum “A-” average, on all post-secondary transcripts.
- Must have a minimum twelve months of study remaining in the current program at the award application deadline date (note: twelve month period cannot extend past March 31, 2021).
- While candidates who meet the other eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply, preference may be given to Indigenous students.
- Preference will be given to first-time RRU students.
- January 7, 2019
- May 1, 2019
- September 1, 2019
- January 6, 2020