Taking the time to explore and identify your values, skills and strengths will ensure that you know what you have to offer and what environments you excel in.
Answer the following questions to learn more about yourself, understand what you have to offer an employer and better communicate your key attributes in an interview.
Grab a pen and start brainstorming:
- What challenges or life events have you overcome?
- What motivates and energizes you? What are you grateful for?
- What are three instances in your professional life when you felt really happy and rewarded?
- What are the common themes?
- What skills were you using?
- What prompted you to start this degree?
- What have you learned about yourself while studying that will make you good at your work?
- What have you learned about yourself that you consider weaknesses? How do they make you unique?
- What do you consider are the greatest strengths you have to offer an employer?
- What do you consider your top five work values?
- How do they align with the companies you are exploring?
- What are your top 3 professional goals?
- In future, what do you want to accomplish in your work?
Want to learn more about yourself? Check out the Personal Assets Inventory work book to further explore these topics in a structured workbook.