Letters of Support

As an international student, there are many reasons why you may need a letter of support (also known as a Letter of Enrolment or Confirmation of Enrolment Letter) including:

  • Extending a Study Permit
  • Applying for a Work Permit/Social Insurance Number
  • Having a family member/spouse visit Canada
  • Having money sent to you
  • Applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
  • Applying for a visa to enter another country
  • Renewing your passport 
  • Returning to Canada from a visit abroad
  • Military service exemption in your home country
  • Applying for Post Graduate Work Permit 
  • Convocation Invitation Letter

To request a Letter of Support, please complete the application form and submit it to registration@royalroads.ca, as indicated on the form. There is no fee for immigration-related letters. Requests will be processed within three - five business days. 

For a Letter of Support for an internship/co-op work permit application, please contact Student Engagement at international.support@royalroads.ca. Please include your full name, student ID number, and your program in your email request.

Please note that your transcript can be ordered through MyAdmin.

Royal Roads is not responsible for documents that are lost or delayed in the mail. Requests will not be processed for students who have an outstanding account balance. Documents will be released to a third party only with written authorization from the student. Photo ID is required when picking up your letter.

For additional information on the required documentation for permit and visa applications, please visit the IRCC Website