Student Engagement provides immigration advising to students through presentations, workshops, and one-on-one appointments with a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA).
It’s important to know how RISIA’S can assist you.
RISIA’s SUPPORT STUDENTS WITH:
- Study permits
- Co-op/internship work permits
- Post-graduation work permits
- Temporary resident visas and electronic travel authorizations
- Permits and visas for a student’s spouse and/or dependents
RISIA’s DO NOT SUPPORT STUDENTS WITH:
- Permanent residency
- Citizenship options
- Permits not related to student status
- Immigration documents for other countries
- Cannot complete applications for students or represent them to IRCC
RENEWING YOUR IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS
To assist you with various immigration permits and visa applications you may encounter as an international student, please review our application tip sheets and IRCC application guides.
As an international student, you are responsible for maintaining your status in Canada and following the conditions of your immigration documents. For more information visit Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada, the Royal Roads University is required to report to IRCC on international student enrolments and academic status. To learn more about the compliance reporting and student enrolment status options, please visit the IRCC website.
Do you have a question?