Strong teams use evaluation to guide action steps to ensure enhanced effectiveness. Evaluation techniques can be as brief as a five minute debrief or as complicated as a diagnosis of your overall team. We have provided a few tools below that can be easily integrated in your team process.
Questions to Guide a Successful Team Debrief:
- What do you think have been the top strengths in this team?
- How would you describe a successful team? Do you believe you are part of a successful team? Please provide specific examples.
- What did you do to contribute to the success of this team?
- Consider failures as barriers that your team could not overcome, then answer: What did you do to contribute to the failure?
- What could you have done differently to enhance your team effectiveness?
- What behavior do you want to shift, enhance, adjust, or change in your next team the future to be an even more effective team member?
Hot Tip - Have your entire team be present, use a timer, have a designated facilitator, give each person time to speak and they can pass if they don’t want to answer.
Team health assessment developed by ITP Metrics