MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING REGARDING BLOCK TRANSFER between Loyalist College Belleville, ON and Royal Roads University Victoria, BC
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between Royal Roads University (RRU) and Loyalist College (Loyalist). The participating units at the respective institutions are the School of Humanitarian Studies at RRU and the School of Health and Human Studies at Loyalist.
Objective of the Agreement
RRU agrees to facilitate the block transfer of students from Loyalist with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies at RRU. By this agreement, applicants from Loyalist who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program. Entrance to all programs at RRU is on a competitive basis.
Successful completion of the:
- Child and Youth Worker Diploma
- Child and Youth Worker – Advanced Standing
- Police Foundations Diploma
- Community and Justice Services Diploma
As a partner to this agreement, Loyalist agrees:
- to make information about this agreement and the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies degree options available to students;
- to provide opportunity for representatives of RRU to visit appropriate forums at Loyalist to disseminate information about the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- to notify RRU with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the diploma(s) outlined above.
As a partner to the agreement, RRU agrees:
- to provide students from Loyalist holding a diploma as noted above academic acceptance into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies at RRU, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- whenever possible, to count any undefined transfer credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies requirements to prevent students having to unnecessarily take additional courses to qualify for graduation;
- to notify Loyalist, with as much lead time as possible, of any curriculum changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- to notify Loyalist, with as much lead time as possible, about any anticipated or approved changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies requirements.
Implementation of this agreement will be through the Registrar’s Office at each institution, in consultation with the appropriate authorities in the respective programs.
Term of the Agreement
This agreement shall be in place for a period of three years commencing May 1, 2014. At the end of this time, the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by RRU. If there are impediments to renewal, RRU will notify the transfer partner of the impediments, with the goal of negotiating a new agreement. Final approval of the agreement will remain with the President of RRU.
RRU retains the right to limit the number of students admitted under this agreement.
On behalf of Loyalist College:
Maureen Piercy, President - June 2, 2014
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Allan Cahoon, PhD, President and Vice-Chancellor - May 6, 2014