MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING between Georgian College and Royal Roads University.
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between Royal Roads University (RRU) and Georgian College (Georgian). The participating units at the respective institutions are the School of Humanitarian Studies at RRU and the School of Human Services and Community Safety at Georgian.
Objective of the Agreement
RRU agrees to facilitate the block transfer of students from Georgian with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies degree at RRU. By this agreement, applicants from Georgian who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website - http://www.royalroads.ca/prospective-students/ba-justice-studies/program...) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program. Entrance to all programs at RRU is on a competitive basis.
Successful completion of the:
- Community and Justice Services Diploma
- Police Foundations Diploma
- Protection, Security and Investigation Diploma
As a partner to this agreement, Georgian agrees:
- to make information about this agreement and the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies degree options available to students;
- to provide opportunity for representatives of RRU to visit appropriate forums at Georgian to disseminate information about the RRU Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- to notify RRU with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the diploma(s) outlined above
As a partner to the agreement, RRU agrees:
- to provide students from Georgian holding a diploma as noted above academic acceptance into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program at RRU, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- whenever possible, to count any undefined transfer credits towards the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies requirements to prevent students having to unnecessarily take additional courses to qualify for graduation;
- to notify Georgian with as much lead time as possible of any curriculum changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program;
- to notify Georgian with as much lead time as possible about any changes to the Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies program requirements that are anticipated or approved.
Implementation of this agreement will be through the Registrar’s Office at RRU and the Office of the Registrar at Georgian, in consultation with the appropriate authorities in the respective programs.
Term of the Agreement
This agreement shall be in place for a period of three years commencing March 1, 2014. At the end of this time, the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by RRU. If there are impediments to renewal, RRU will notify the transfer partner of the impediments, with the goal of negotiating a new agreement. Final approval of the agreement will remain with the President of RRU.
RRU retains the right to limit the number of students admitted under this agreement.
On behalf of Georgian College:
MaryLynn West-Moynes, PhD, President and CEO - April 17, 2014
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Allan Cahoon, PhD, President and Vice-Chancellor Date - February 3, 2014