Bow Valley College
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING regarding block transfer between Bow Valley College and Royal Roads University.
This memorandum of understanding constitutes an agreement between Royal Roads University and Bow Valley College. The participating units at the respective institutions are the Faculty of Management at Royal Roads University (RRU) and the School of Business and Industry at Bow Valley College.
Objective of the Agreement:
Royal Roads University agrees to facilitate the block transfer of students from Bow Valley College with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the third year of the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management Degree at RRU.
By this agreement, applicants from Bow Valley College who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria, including a minimum grade point average (GPA) of B, completion of a first and/or second year level accounting course (financial) with a minimum final grade of B, are met and space remains available in the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management program. Entrance to all programs at RRU is on a competitive basis.
Successful completion of the:
- Business Administration Diploma - Accounting Major (including Human Resources and Organizational Behaviour courses)
- Business Administration Diploma - Financial Services
- Business Administration General Diploma
As a partner to this agreement, Bow Valley College agrees:
- to make information about this agreement and the RRU Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management degree options available to students;
- to provide opportunity for representatives of Royal Roads University to visit appropriate forums at Bow Valley College to disseminate information about the RRU Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management program.
As a partner to the agreement, Royal Roads University agrees:
- to provide students from Bow Valley College who have completed any of the diplomas listed above academic acceptance into the third year of the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management program at RRU, provided all other entrance criteria are met and space remains available in the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management program;
- whenever possible, to count any undefined transfer credits towards the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management requirements to prevent students from having to unnecessarily take additional courses to qualify for graduation;
- to provide Bow Valley College with updated information about the RRU Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management program;
- to notify Bow Valley College with as much lead time as possible about any changes to the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management requirements that are anticipated or approved.
Implementation of this agreement will be through the Registrar's Office at each institution, in consultation with the appropriate authorities in the respective programs.
Term of the Agreement
This agreement shall be in place for a period of three years commencing March 1, 2010. At the end of this time, the agreement will be subject to review and renewal by Royal Roads University. If there are impediments to renewal, Royal Roads University will notify the transfer partner of the impediments, with the goal of negotiating a new agreement. Final approval of the agreement will remain with the President of Royal Roads University. Either party may terminate the agreement with reasonable notice.
Royal Roads University retains the right to limit the number of students admitted under this agreement.
On behalf of Bow Valley College:
Sharon Carry, President and CEO - March 2, 2010
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Allan R. Cahoon, PhD, President and Vice Chancellor - February 17, 2010