American Honors College - USA
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING between American Honors College and Royal Roads University.
Royal Roads University and American Honors College are pleased to collaborate on an interdisciplinary, professionally oriented bachelor’s program. Each student’s program of study will be theoretically grounded in social and applied sciences studies and practically targeted toward their emerging professional area of specialization.
Under this partnership, Royal Roads University agrees to facilitate the block transfer of American Honors College students into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies at Royal Roads University.
Under this partnership, graduates of American Honors College program are guaranteed admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program at Royal Roads University in Victoria, British Columbia, providing they graduate with 60 college credits and a minimum grade point average in the B range (minimum of 80% or 3.0). Admission will be subject to space availability.
Principles of Collaboration
American Honors College and Royal Roads University agree to collaborate to ensure the success of this partnership. The following principles will guide their collaboration:
- Mutual recognition that the needs of the students are paramount;
- Mutual respect for the autonomy of each organization, including recognition and respect for the educational values, policies, collective agreements, strategic plans and operational processes of the institutions involved; and
- Open communication, discussion and dialogue.
The success of this agreement relies on a close working relationship between American Honors College and Royal Roads University. Both partners agree to observe the following planning and operational principles:
- Joint development of recruitment and marketing plans and materials;
- Commitment to the early sharing of information regarding any program, service or policy change that will affect this agreement;
- Sharing of institutional data about enrolment and success of students admitted under this agreement; and
- An annual review of the partnership.
Terms of Agreement
This agreement is in effect for applicants as of the date signed and remains in effect until written notice to terminate is provided by either institution. Either institution must provide written notice of termination at least a year in advance.
On behalf of American Honors College:
David Finegold, Chief Academic Office - December 9, 2013
On behalf of Royal Roads University:
Stephen Grundy, PhD, Vice-President, Academic and Provost - December 16, 2013