Educate Your Body
In addition to being open to the public, all current RRU students receive free membership to the RRU Recreation Centre. Come nurture your body, mind and spirit in this beautiful heritage facility located on the Royal Roads University campus in Colwood on the Westshore. Please bring your student ID card as proof of membership.
Free 10 Day Trial
Stop by our reception desk to start your free 10 day trial*.
*This offer is available to new members or those who have not had a membership at the RRU Recreation Centre in the past two years.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 5:30 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Statutory Holidays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Court & Class Schedule
Amenities and Services
- Free weight room (Atlantis equipment)
- 30+ cardio machines (treadmills, stairclimbers, jacobs ladder, ellipticals, upright & recumbent bikes, rowing ergs)
- Gym/Basketball Court
- Aerobics/Yoga studio
- Bike rentals
- Access to Personal Training by Island Life Fitness
- Basketball court
- Fitness classes (included with membership)
Open Gym Time
- Anytime the gym court or aerobics studio are not booked members are welcome to use the space for activities.
- Scheduled activities have priority booking, so patrons may be asked to vacate the area when the booked time is reached.
- Please check the schedule above, facebook, or ask staff to confirm when these activities may occur.
- Organizations/individuals may arrange to book the aerobics studio or gym for one time or ongoing activities. Please check with the Recreation Centre staff regarding guidelines, availability and applicable rental fees.